Lennar to Build 200 Homes on Land Once Owned by Prince in Chanhassen
Lennar, the biggest home builder in Minnesota, is looking to Chanhassen for a new development that would give potential homebuyers something to brag about.
According to the Star Tribune, The Lennar Corp. has agreed to purchase 188 acres of land owned by Prince’s estate, and plans to build a 200-home development on the site.
Prince owned the sprawling 188-acre site at 7141 Galpin Blvd., as well as a home that was once on the site, but his estate put the land up for sale following his death in 2016, the report said.
The land has a tax value of more than $20 million, according to the report.
The City Council will vote on the proposal Aug. 13. If approved, construction could begin by fall 2019, the report said.
- Bald Eagle Rescued in Chanhassen
- Arts Consortium of Carver County Has New Home in Nearby Victoria
- New Restaurant Coming to Chanhassen to Feature Comfort Food
- Eastern Carver County Schools Project Enrollment Increase of 1,000 Over Next 5 Years
- Land Purchased, Construction Ready for Apartment, Aldi Store in Downtown Chanhassen
This local update courtesy of your Chanhassen Community Expert.