Community Files: Chanhassen’s Skate Park
Chanhassen is home to a number of parks featuring a number of amenities, but none are quite like the Chanhassen Skate Park, which is located between the city hall and downtown fire station.
The park was installed in September 1999 and skateboards, bicycles and in-line skates are all welcome. It took four years to build the park, with the city allocating funds for different installations until 2003.
The park features a half pipe mini ramp with bank and quarter, a half pyramid with sub box, a wedge, two quarter pipes, a hotbox with grind rail and more. The maximum height of all the equipment is four feet.
There is also a covered shelter and an emergency phone in front of the fire station, and it’s within walking distance of restaurants and fast food options.
Learn more about the park and its rules here.
- KleinBank Summer Concert Series Kicks Off June 18
- ‘Mary Poppins’ Now On Stage at Chanhassen Dinner Theaters
- Restaurant Reviews: Pizzaioli in Chanhassen
- Submission Window Open for Chanhassen Arbor Month Photo Contest
- New Senior Housing Development Approved in Chanhassen
This local update courtesy of your Chanhassen Community Expert.