Chanhassen Elementary Students Meet Medal of Honor Recipient
Students at a Chanhassen elementary school had a chance to meet with an American war hero Feb. 5.
According to the Chanhassen Villager, Medal of Honor recipient Hershel “Woody” Williams visited Bluff Creek Elementary School in Chanhassen on Monday and spoke to students in the school’s Project Impact program.
Williams received the Medal of Honor from President Harry Truman for risking his life as a Marines demolition sergeant fighting in the Battle of Iwo Jima during World War II, the report said.
Williams was in Minneapolis to flip the honorary coin for Super Bowl LII on Feb. 4.
- Tickets Now Available For ‘Celebration 2018’ at Paisley Park
- Paisley Park to Sell Alcohol During Super Bowl
- Chanhassen Students Donate Clothes to Help Teens in Need
- Chanhassen Parks and Rec Offering Family Cross Country Skiing Lesson
- Community Invited to Write Letters for Chanhassen’s 100th Anniversary Time Capsule
This local update courtesy of your Chanhassen Community Expert.