Bald Eagle Rescued in Chanhassen
Chanhassen was recently home to a heartwarming rescue of a bald eagle.
According to WCCO-TV, the Carver County Sheriff’s Office rescued a bald eagle June 29 after the bird hit a power line.
The sheriff’s office believes the bird hit the power line, knocking out power to a small area of town, the report said. An Xcel Energy employee came across the eagle, which was disoriented and attempting to fly away.
The report says the Raptor Center was contacted to net the eagle, which was then taken to the Raptor Center for treatment.
- Arts Consortium of Carver County Has New Home in Nearby Victoria
- New Restaurant Coming to Chanhassen to Feature Comfort Food
- Eastern Carver County Schools Project Enrollment Increase of 1,000 Over Next 5 Years
- Land Purchased, Construction Ready for Apartment, Aldi Store in Downtown Chanhassen
- Two Chanhassen Seniors Among 17 to Earn Ridgeview Foundation Scholarships
This local update courtesy of your Chanhassen Community Expert.