A Look at Eastern Carver County Schools
One of the most important important assets to a community is its school system, and those with students in the Eastern Carver County Schools (ISD 112) would likely tout their great satisfaction with local public schools.
According to the district’s website, 91 percent of parents have rated teachers and staff as good or excellent, and 92 percent said they trust the school board and district administration to make the best decisions they can for students.
Eastern Carver County Schools serves all of Chanhassen and has 19 schools for students in kindergarten through 12th grade.
According to the school district’s website, the district views itself as exceptional in terms of academic programming and activities offerings.
“Because each child is unique, we have a range of arts, athletics and activities programs at all levels designed to suit your child’s talents and interests,” the website said.
Among the wide range of options is an elementary Spanish immersion school and an arts academy. The district has also worked to increase STEM program in elementary schools.
But beyond what the district and local parents think about the public school system, in 2014 The Washington Post ranked Chanhassen (17) in the top 20 most challenging high schools in the state.
For more information on the school district, go to district112.org.
- Lake Ann Park: Chanhassen’s Premiere Park
- The Beaches of Chanhassen Are Calling
- Chanhassen Resident Graduates as Holy Family Catholic’s Salutatorian
- Chanhassen Council Approves Retail Development to Replace Gas Station
- Need Help Choosing New Home Options? Your Chanhassen Expert Can Help!
- Chanhassen High Speech Team Takes Three Golds at State